Tuesday, July 6, 2010

The beans please

"No one has ever measured, not even poets, how much the heart can hold."
-Zelda Fitzgerald

I fear I do not have much to say because all I ever do is study. The above quote in fact came out of one of my text books. I have always been a sucker for those Fitzgeralds because when I read The Great Gatsby, during my junior year of high school, I fell head over heals for Gatsby. I have always been a sucker for hopeless romantics but sadly as I have grown older I have realized that such love does not run that deep, and many hopeless romantics do not really love at all. I guess in a way it is good Gatsby expired before all of his dreams really feel apart, although I personally believe he already knew they had. However I do agree with Zelda on the above quote. I think true love runs much deeper.

Now for a funny story. I have been saving a soda pop in my bedroom because I know if I put it in the fridge someone will drink it. I have been feeling like such a glutten about it. When I told my mom she told me about how my dad used to do the same thing but instead of yummy soda pop he would hid canned string beans under his bed. Now I ask you who would want to take another persons green bean. My dad is really amazing.
As for the rest of me I am doing surprisingly well. The closer my test get the less I can sleep. I take my test in one week. I have never been so excited for a test in my whole life. I have been studying for 2 months and am going absolutely crazy. I hope that all goes well, but in the meantime I have started hating going to bed. Every night I dread getting in to bed because I know my mind will start to race as soon as those light go off. If anyone has any ideas do let me know.

-elisa

2 comments:

Tedi said...

I know that exercising about 1 hour before I go to bed helps me relax and sleep well. I like to do a little cardio to get my blood flowing and then some yoga. You can watch or download yoga podcasts. yogajournal.com/podcasts most are about 20min long so it doesn't take a lot of time. Good luck on your Exam!

NEC said...

Elisa try this recipe: 1 sliver of toadstool, 1 nickel and one jetski. The toadstool is to make a joke from, the nickel is for a wish, and the jetski is for a rockin' good time.